Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lost Season 5 Premiere

WOW!! That was awesome!

Here's some of the things I think I learned and am now thinking...

Sun
Sun wants Kate to pay for leaving Jin behind on the freighter - and pay big time! I guess I noticed in the finale how Kate said she was going to get Jin, then didn't. But I didn't think much of it at the time - things were chaotic and Jin wasn't on board. They had to move fast and there was no time to really search the ship for Jin.

Obviously Sun sees it differently and has been holding this grudge against Kate for 3 years.

What I'm not sure about is how teaming with Widmore is going to help her get revenge on Kate?

The Kids
Whoa! They all turned into fire-arrow shooting vigilantes and went all Lord of the Flies (without the aid of strip malls and skateboards)? How could this happen? I'm sure we'll soon find out.

It seems that ending scene must be like 5 or 10 years in the future.

The Island
I love the "time skipping" aspect of the story. We're gong to get to learn a lot about the Dharma Initiative, the history of the Island, the future of the Island and everything in between - all very quickly.

I still don't get how the Hatch and the "donkey wheel thing" that Ben turned are linked. It seems that both might somehow be related (because of the white sky thing), but what real purpose of the hatch is remains kind of a mystery to me because nothing really happened after it blew up.

Was the Hatch just a "cloaking device" station to protect people from finding the Island and the "donkey wheel time machine thing"?

At least we now seem to get why Alpert showed Ben the compass and the other objects when he was a boy.

Desmond
Desmond is going to be huge this season - he's seemingly a "walkie-talkie" for communication between the different time periods.

Oceanic 6
Again - I love the shell game being played with the survivors! This was great in the finale, I can't wait to see how they all come back together to finally return to the Island.

No comments: