Thursday, May 24, 2007

Lost Finale

I really enjoyed the Lost finale last night. Looking back, seeing the preview for this episode did not give too much away. I really thought Ben would stop them from reaching the radio tower.

This is what I think I think:
  1. I think that Naomi really is working for an organization hired by Penny Widmore... why else would she have a picture of Desmond? Is Naomi really dead? Interesting that Locke had no reservations killing her after he had such a hard time (not) killing his father - who he hated.
  2. Jack is messed up. How he ever became the leader is beyond me. Ben made a good point when he asked Jack what he was so eager to get back to at home? If this (Jack's flash forward) is where the show will eventually end (and the rest of the series tells the story of getting to this point), it is pretty dark. Not at all the happy ending most shows strive for. I'm OK with that.
  3. Way to go Hurley! When that van came through the Jungle - that was the highlight for me. Cool.
  4. Sawyer is becoming dangerous. It was too easy for him to kill Tom... and he showed no remorse this time.
  5. For a long time, I thought Rousseau was working with Ben and the Others. Part of me still feels that way. Didn't it seem a little too easy for her to first change the message, and then to simply shut it off?
  6. I know the creators are Stephen King fans. I've read The Dark Tower series and while I enjoyed it for the most part, I felt the ending was a HUGE disappointment and a cop out. I hope that this series doesn't end the same way, with the same premise.
This is what I want to know:
  1. Did Charlie really have to die? Couldn't he have swam through the porthole? What if he allowed the station to flood? Couldn't he and Desmond swim back through the moon pool opening? At least we're spared from future episodes where Desmond has to save Charlie's life.
    More questions about the events surrounding Charlie's death:
    • Did Captain Eyepatch die when the grenade went off? I hope not. I want to see more about him - and what happened to his eye.
    • Charlie had a surprisingly good connection with Penny. Good thing she happened to be near her video phone and she knew how to call this underwater Dharma station.
    • How'd Charlie figure out which numbers would produce the right notes.
  2. Who are the Others? What are they doing there? What was their purpose before Dharma? How'd the Others take over the rest of the Dharma stations? Also how'd they figure out which stations to take over? For instance, they apparently took over the Looking Glass and the Flame (the communication station Locke blew up), but didn't take over the Swan (where the numbers were entered) .
  3. When did the Other's become such bad shots? Remember when they took the shot that clipped Sawyer's ear? Since then, they haven't shot anything.
  4. If there were only 2 anomalies, how'd Penny Widmore track down the island so quickly? Is she affiliated with Dharma? Is that how she knew the frequency to reach the Looking glass?
  5. How come the island didn't heal Boone?
I really what to learn more about Dharma and the rest of the Others back story. I want to see more about the connections (if there are any) between Sun's and Penny's familiy (I think this came out in the ARG last summer).

I also wish there was another ARG this summer. It stinks that we need to wait until February for some of these answers.

No comments: